Skip Navigation Links

Step 1: 

Identify the Appropriate Agency for Your Application

If Your Project is Funded by:Next Steps
The National Institutes of Health (NIH)NIH awardees no longer have to apply for a CoC
Other HHS Agency:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), or Indian Health Service (IHS)
Contact the Agency CoC Coordinator
Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ)Contact AHRQ
AHRQ has its own privacy regulations which may apply and NIH will not issue a CoC for projects covered by AHRQ’s regulations; click here to contact AHRQ
Department of Justice (DOJ)Contact the DOJ Project Officer
The Department of Justice has its own privacy regulations for research thay they fund and NIH will not issue a Coc for DOJ funded projects; click here for more information
None of the above but is under the authority of the Food and Drug Administration (operating under IND or IDE)Contact the FDA CoC Coordinators
None of the AboveIdentify the NIH Institute/Center for your Request
Back to Top